News

Drawbacks of not eating eggs!

As per the studies and researches done now, it is always proved that eggs are one of the best food. Notably, they are full of all kind of nutrition and also keep a person fit and healthy. This is to say, no matter to what age a person belongs to, eggs are always recommended to them in order to gain proper health and weight. Thus, it is always beneficial to include eggs in day to day diet. However, there are certain side effects too, if eggs are given up by a person, as told by the dietician.

You will eat more Calories!

Unfortunately, an individual may definitely feel to eat more calories in total if eggs are cut from meal plan. Jodi Greebel, MS, RDN, a nutrition consultation with Citrition says, “When people give up eggs, they tend to eat more caloric breakfasts. Without eggs as an option, people tend to opt for more cereal, bagels, muffins, and carb-rich breakfasts. This is especially true when eating out whether at a quick casual or sit down restaurant.”

Beneficial Nutrients will be missed!

Not eating eggs directly means cutting many much of the nutrients. “Egg yolks contain the majority of the egg’s nutrients such as vitamins A, D, E, and K, as well as heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids if the hens were fed a diet containing flaxseed,” explains Gariglio-Clelland.

Lose of muscles!

Ditching a major source of protein, like eggs, from the diet means that workouts are less effective over time. Gariglio-Clelland said, “Eggs contain leucine, an amino acid important for the synthesis of muscle mass, which decreases with age.” He notes that this may mean you lose muscle mass when you cut eggs from your diet.

Cholesterol levels might not change!

Eating eggs continues to enhance the cholesterol levels too. “Only about 20 percent of our blood cholesterol comes from what we eat—the other 80 percent is produced by your liver,” explains Gariglio-Clelland. Further, he explains that this means that while lifestyle changes have some impact on cholesterol levels, your own genetics plays the largest role.

 

 

About the author

Nick Brown

Nick is a qualified writer and a blogger, who loves to dabble with and write about technology. While focusing on and writing on tech topics, his varied skills and experience enable him to write on any topic related to tech which may interest him. [email protected]

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment